Monday, January 10, 2011

Review of THE MASTER'S WALL by Sandi Rog


A sprawling, coming of age story set vividly in Ancient Rome, and based on the lives of two young people who must
grapple with grave injustice and social constraints of the Roman Empire. The sub-plot is how faith can survive--and even thrive--under
the adverse circumstances the characters must endure.

Enjoyable and well-drawn major characters, but what they endure on their journey through the book is rather harrowing. Nevertheless, I found this book interesting and well-written and I loved how the plot thickened towards the end. A great twist and climactic ending--along with a nice (if belated) dose of romance makes this book the sort you close with a contented sigh.

The Master's Wall
Sandi Rog
DeWard Publishing
Available from Amazon.com, and other booksellers

3 comments:

Sandi Rog said...

Thank you, Linore! I'm so glad I was able to access your blog. Sometimes the hospital doesn't allow it. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Sorry if you got the impression that this was a romance novel (many do). It's simply historical fiction; hence, why the romance was belated. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

HUGS!

Sandi xxx

Linore Rose Burkard said...

I did enjoy it, Sandi. Thank you for doing such great research for it.
How are you doing, by the way? Can you let us know on the HisWriters Loop?
You're in my prayers!
Hugs,

Linore
PS: I couldn't find your book on CBD. You might want to ask your publisher to get your book there.

Sandi Rog said...

I actually haven't been too well. Suffering from an infection which activates my MS. It's been awful, but today is better. Pray it continues to get better.

When I get the energy, I'll send an update. Good idea!

Thanks so much for the review on Amazon. My book isn't on CBD yet. My publisher is contacting them. In the meantime, you could leave a review on B&N. If you can't, don't worry about it. :-)

I pray your dad is doing better.

Hugs,

Me